The City of Buffalo provides conditional grants to eligible individuals towards the down payment and closing costs on the purchase of their first home.
Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Program (DPCC)
Purchasing your first home in the City of Buffalo? Up to $5,000 in funding, provided by the City of Buffalo, is available to first time homebuyers to assist with closing cost and down payment expenses towards the purchase of their home. Funds are provided at no interest as a conditional grant. The amount provided must only be repaid if the property is sold within the five (5) year regulatory period.
Are you eligible for assistance?
- Are you a first-time homebuyer?
- Is the home you are purchasing…
- classified a single family (one unit) home?
- currently occupied by the seller (i.e. not a rental or investor owned property)?
- in good condition, not in need of repairs and in compliance with City of Buffalo Housing Codes?
- under the program sales price limit of $161,000?
- Does your annual, gross household income and asset value fall within the required income range (no less than 50% AMI, but no more than 80% AMI) as defined by HUD? (Please call our office for household income limit information)
If you can answer ‘YES’ to all of these questions, you may be eligible for assistance!
How can you apply?
Please know that applications require at least 30-45 days prior to your closing date to review and process for approval. We encourage you to contact our office to see if you are eligible as soon as your offer has been accepted on your home. Applicants must document the availability of mortgage financing as part of the application process. Applicants are required to have completed a HUD Certified Homebuyer Education course. Applicants will be required to submit supporting documentation to verify eligibility for the program.
For more information, please contact our office at (716) 882-7661.
*Household Size / Household Income Range (50%-80% of AMI)
*These income guidelines are based on 2020 numbers and are subject to change.
This website was produced in part with the assistance of the City of Buffalo/ City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency through the Community Development Block Grant and/or HOME Program(s).
Download our Down Payment Closing Cost Program Packet by clicking here.