The City of Buffalo’s 50/50 Rehab Program will fund half of eligible homeowners’ project costs towards necessary home repairs.
50/50 Rehab Program
Is your longtime home or newly purchased home in need of multiple repairs? The City of Buffalo’s 50/50 Rehab Program offers income eligible homeowners full conditional grants (not to exceed $25,000) to fund 50% of their project cost in order to make needed home repairs. HOCN is able to assist homeowners in the West Side, Upper West Side, Lower West Side, Elmwood-Bidwell, Elmwood-Bryant, Allentown and Central Planning Neighborhoods with applications. If you live in a different neighborhood, please contact our office to be referred to the organization that can assist you.
What repairs qualify under the 50/50 Rehab Program?
Repairs may include any code related repairs or lead based paint hazard reduction activities. This could include repairing or replacing deficient roofing, siding, porches, steps, electrical service, heating systems, hot water tanks, and more.
Are you eligible for assistance?
- Do you own (name listed on deed) and lived in your home?
- Is your home a single or double family home, that was not built by or using the City of Buffalo or Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency funding?
- Are you up to date on (or on a certified payment plan) all of your taxes, obligations, and fees?
- Does your annual, gross household income and asset value fall below the required income limits defined by HUD? (Please review the income chart to the right. Applicants with assets that exceed $20,000, not including your 50% match, will not be considered eligible. Please call our office for more household income and asset limit information.)
- Do you have a match of funds to cover 50% of your project cost (pre-approval for a loan, matching grant/loan program)?
If you can answer ‘YES’ to all of these questions, you may be eligible for assistance!
How can you apply?
Spaces are limited and applications are taken on a first-come, first-served basis, as available.
Applicants will be required to submit supporting documentation to verify eligibility for the program. For more information, please contact our office at (716) 882-7661.
*Household Size / Household Income Limit (80% of AMI)
*These income guidelines are based on 2020 numbers and are subject to change.
Download our 50/50 Rehab Program Interest Packet by clicking here.
This website was produced in part with the assistance of the City of Buffalo/ City of Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency through the Community Development Block Grant and/or HOME Program(s).